The Strait of Bonifacio, famous for being one of the best sailing environments in the world, separates Sardinia from Corsica, Italy from France. On the strait lie the unspoilt magical islands of La Maddalena Archipelago, the only Italian Marine National Park. Within easy reach of one another (if you have a boat!), they make the sailing easy through crystal clear turquoise water and consistent winds.
We take you to Caprera, Spargi, Razzoli, Santa Maria and hike to the unique pink beach of Budelli.
We cross the Strait of Bonifacio and sail along white chalk cliffs shaping the South East of Corsica to reach Bonifacio, France best kept secret. After a few days anchoring around desert islands it is always appreciated for some shopping, dinner in a restaurant, and for the French atmosphere you suddenly experience. Oui oui.
Lavezzi and Cavallo islands are a must-see before returning to Sardinia. In Lavezzi, we anchor for the night and hike around the island to reach our favorite meditation spot on beautiful rocks facing the sunset.
Where do we slip moorings?
We slip moorings from Cannigione, a fisherman village in the North-East coast of Sardinia and the perfect starting point to reach La Maddalena Archipelago in a couple hours sailing.
How to reach Cannigione? Scroll down at section "Getting there".
The weeks are always in June and September in order to avoid the crowded beaches and bays typical in Sardinia in the months of July and August.
- Saturday 1st to 8th June
- Saturday 8th to 15th June
- Saturday 15th to 22nd June
- Saturday 22nd to 29th June
- Saturday 31st to 7th September
- Saturday 7th to 15th September
All tours start at 17:30 on day one and finish at 9:00am on day 7
The itinerary of each yoga and sailing retreat is slightly different and unique as... we are at the merci of the wind Gods! We are in one of the world's best sailing environments, wind is pretty much guaranteed. We simply don't know yet where it comes from so the sailing plan is set on a daily basis. ;)
North-East Sardinia, La Maddalena Archipelago, Bonifacio, South-East Corsica and return.
45 sea miles in total, corresponding to a sailing duration of ca. 24 hours.
- Saturday: Cannigione - Caprera Island, around 6 sea miles/2 hours
- Sunday: Caprera Island - Spargi Island, around 9 sea miles/3 hours
- Monday: Spargi Island - Isola Piana, around 15 sea miles/4 hours
- Tuesday: Isola Piana - Bonifacio (overnight stay in the marina and visit to the harbor town). Around 6 sea miles/3 hours
- Wednesday: Bonifacio hike on the cliffs. Bonifacio - Sant’Amanza, around 12 sea miles/2,5hours
- Thursday: Sant’Amanza - Lavezzi, around 12 sea miles/4 hours
- Friday: Lavezzi - Budelli (stop and hike to the pink beach), Cannigione (Overnight stay in the marina). Around 20 sea miles /5 hours
- Saturday: Breakfast on board, check-out around 9 a.m.
- Daily morning yoga class with pranayama and relaxation
- Three (or more) evening yoga classes and meditation upon request
- Basic sailing lessons and boat steering (if interested)
- Sailing in one of the world best sailing environments
- Healthy organic vegetarian brunch and dinners (vegan, lactose-free and gluten-free options available)
- Fresh fruits, snacks, tea, coffee, juices available all day
- Life on board of sailing boats Mizar 3, Chia, Jep 6
- Access to islands and beaches reachable only by boat
- Sail, stretch, strengthen, sunbathe, swim, snorkel, stand up paddle, and sightseeing
- All yoga instruction is in English. The staff also speaks French, German, Italian, Spanish.
- Always a small group on board (max 7 guests per boat)
- The maximum participants in the group is 12 in a small fleet of 2 sailboats with 2 skippers, a yoga instructor and a vegetarian/vegan chef.
- 7 nights accommodation on board of sailing boats Mizar 3, Chia, Jep 6
- 90 minutes yoga classes every morning
- Full board. All meals included: early morning snack, buffet brunch, dinner and snacks available all day
- 100% organic, locally-sourced, vegetarian and vegan meals
- Evening meditative practice upon request
- Bed linens and towels
- Fuel and water consumption on board
- Final cleaning of the boat
- Up to 3 overnight stay in harbors
- Use of dinghy (with the skipper)
- Yoga mats, blocks, belts, and eye pillow
- Snorkel equipment (if you prefer to bring yours please do so)
- Stand up paddle
- Boat insurance and yoga instructor insurance
What's not included
- Meals and alcoholic beverages in restaurants
- Return travel to and from Sardinia
- Travel insurance (for non-EU citizens, if needed)
To Sardinia by plane
Olbia-Costa Smeralda Airport (OLB).
Cannigione is 35 km and 45 minutes drive from Olbia Airport. If you arrive on the Saturday we slip moorings please book your flights with destination Olbia-Costa Smeralda Airport (OLB) so you are close to us.
Other airports in Sardinia:
Alghero (180km from Cannigione)
Cagliari Elmas (300 km from Cannigione)
To Sardinia by ferry
Italy: from the Italian ports of Genoa, Livorno and Civitavecchia ferries run daily to Olbia.
Corsica: from Bonifacio several ferries depart daily to Santa Teresa di Gallura.
France: from Nice and Marseille several ferries depart to Porto Torres.
Spain: from Barcelona ferries depart to Porto Torres.
To Cannigione - taxi or transfer
We can help organize taxis and also put you in small groups as soon as we know your times of arrivals, taxis cost on average 70 EUR one way that you can split with your future travel companions. Please contact us as soon as you know at what time you arrive in OLB airport.
To Cannigione - Rent a car
Some participants arriving very early on Saturday morning hire a car for the day (you can leave it in Cannigione) and explored the area. That's can be even cheaper than a taxi.
To Cannigione - Public bus
If you wish to reach Cannigione by bus we can send you the timetables of the local buses and help you find the best bus connection for you.
Yoga and sailing Sardinia & Corsica
La Maddalena Archipelago: sail to its secret coves and practice yoga surrounded by pink granite stones and turquoise water. This unique natural rugged landscape will stay forever in your memories!
Yoga and sailing South-East Caribbean
Yoga, sailing and island hopping in the less visited Caribbean islands of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. From February 2020.
Ayurveda and sailing Mallorca & Menorca
The ayurvedic yoga and sailing retreat. Rebalance body and mind with ayurvedic recipes, yoga and sailing and learn how to introduce ayurveda in your daily routine back home. From June 2020.